Monday, December 27, 2010

You should know...........


Supplies used:
paper: Creative Imaginations, Paper Pizazz and Reminisce
cardstock: Stampin Up!
journaling sticker: Creative Imaginations
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Pearl flourish: Zva Creative
Pink flower: Prima
Mini white flowers: Doodlebug
gold ink: Colorbox
Inspired by: Ana White


Candy Shoppe Designs is the December sponsor over on the XOXO Girls blog! If you are not familiar with their site, they are a scraplift blog! They have a large design team with an enormous range of scrapbooking styles to choose from. I think everyone get's scrappers block from time to time and scraplifting is a wonderful way to jump start your creating.

What exactly does scraplift mean?

Basically it means copying others' completed layouts in whole or in part, for your own personal use, by adopting design elements and ideas that you like and incorporating them into your own creations. Of course everyone likes to get credit for their ideas so remember it's proper etiquette to give credit to the person you are scraplifting ideas from whenever you borrow someone's ideas.

Deadline for entry will be December 31st. Please make sure you visit the XOXO Girls blog to upload your submission.

5 comments :

  1. thank you so much for scraplifting me. Love your page. You page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! We met on one of the scrap sites awhile ago, my maiden name is Goehring too and I think somewhere down your husbands grandfather might have been brothers maybe with my grandfather Karl. Such a small world!!!

    Love how you scrapped your wedding picture!! Beautiful scraplift!!!

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks hard, I meant to ask you how you did the black border??? Is it handcut??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate - I cut the border away from a piece of pp, the inside was a line notebook type and I wanted something more formal for this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SUCH a fan of framing pages. Usually I do it by placing everything on a smaller scrap to leave white space as a frame, but I'm lovin' your *actual* frame so much right now!!

    xoxo
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete